Sunday, July 1, 2007

A Day of Class

Today was a day of Chinese classes, with some food in between classes. We started today with three and a half hours of class, and then had lunch at a curious restaurant down the street that some others from our group discovered a few days ago. This restaurant only has a few items, but several are American or European. I had spaghetti, french fries, and orange drink for my lunch. It was a weird combination, but sometimes anything non-Chinese sounds good to me! After lunch several of us studied for a while, and then had dinner at a local restaurant (I had a fried rice dish) before two more hours of class in the evening. The Chinese language classes are really hard, and I am having trouble learning this very difficult language. The sounds are mostly different than English, there are four tones that make a big difference in meaning and pronunciation, and the characters still look like gibberish to me. However, we are all still trying to plug along and learn as much as we can. The day was finished with a movie in the room in our homemade theatre. The picture below is of my fine spaghetti dish and drink.

No comments: