Thursday, July 5, 2007

A Feast and Mexican Poker

This evening we had one hour more of class and then Jose, Jessica, Katie, and I went off to the local supermarket to buy food for an in-house feast. After eating quite well (see the picture below), we played some Mexican poker, and then Jose and I cleaned up the room and packed for our trip tomorrow to Beijing. We leave at 6:30 AM to catch an 8:40 AM China Eastern Airlines flight from Hangzhou to Beijing. We stay in Beijing to visit the Great Wall, Forbidden City, and Summer Palace through Saturday evening when we fly back to Hangzhou. It will be a couple of days before I update my blog again because I won’t take my computer to Beijing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! It sounds like you are having a fascinating time. I am amazed at all the fun things you have already gotten to do. Your food selection seems very interesting, but I'm sure you are surviving. I can't wait to hear all about the trip when you get back.