Friday, July 20, 2007

I'm Home

I returned home today on time via my two flights. The long flight home was only about 12 hours because of the jet stream helping to push us along at over 650 MPH across the Pacific Ocean. It has been a very long Friday with lots of good-byes said along the way. It was quite a way to spend a summer, studying Chinese language and culture in China, and I met some great friends doing it. Now it is on to reading the new Harry Potter, tennis, and then school for me. Below you can see a picture of the fabulous Shanghai Pudong International Airport.

To any newcomers to this blog: Please start reading at the bottom so you can go in chronological order. This blog was created to be daily communication with my students, family, colleagues, and friends, but now that my trip is over, it will remain up, unchanged, so that any interested parties can read it. Email me directly at mheiden@sbcglobal.net or mheiden@hse.k12.in.us with any questions or comments. Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss you, Mark! Thanks for keeping this blog...it's the perfect thing for me to show friends and family. I think I'm even going to print it out for my own records. :) It was fun getting to know you, and getting to talk to you for three hours straight on bus rides! Ha! Send me an email of how you are doing and eat a LOT of American food!

Anonymous said...

Mark, glad you are home safe and sound. We made it home 3 days earlier via Tokyo to Chicago. Read your blog whenever there was Internet connection and VPN. Michael tried to upload a comment once, only to find out he couldn't after lots of typing - he wasn't too happy about that.

Left a message for you at your hotel (西子饭店) June 27th and the lady at the reception told me you were in class. We headed for Shanghai the next day. Didn't go to the Great Wall as it was hot and humid when we were in Beijing.

Sorry to read about your mishaps about the local food. It takes a lot to get used to. :) We took the kids to a Pizza Hut and they loved it.

Also, the kids enjoyed the trip a lot.

I will go to Hangzhou (杭州) for a conference in October.